•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

+2
Bato
Ovyda
6 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished - Page 6 Empty Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 pm

10/10

"And the work which has become a genre unto itself shall be called: Cowboy Bebop" 

^ This sentence was showed several times during the episodes and it is already giving away about the uniqueness Cowboy Bepop carries. There are many unique anime in our anime world, but most of them fail to execute it well. However, fortunately that is not the case with Cowboy Bepop. It is a truly classic anime with incredibly awesome soundtrack and brilliant character development.

Cowboy Bepop centers around a group of bounty hunters in a futuristic, space-western setting. The year is 2071 and the place is our Solar System, where various planets and moons have been terraformed for human settlement. Bepop is a spaceship where two bounty hunters Spike Spiegel and Jet Black are travelling around the space and hunting down their preys to earn money. Along the way their duo (2) becomes a quintet (5) when the engineered dog Ein, beautiful yet very complicated women Faye Valentine, and computer genius teenage girl Edward (yes a girl) joins their group, or I should say forced themselves in.

This newly formed bounty hunter group is ridiculously unlucky since the day their duo became a quintet. However, this is exactly what brings the comedy. Their unlucky hunt probably is due to the lack of teamwork and recognition of each other skills. Even though they are all highly skilled in certain areas, they all usually go alone on the job which is what makes the series even more entertaining.

Yes, the plot is not the main engine of Cowboy Bepop series. Every episode is a new story and rarely has any relevance to the past episodes. Sometimes they are dramatic, sometimes comedic and sometimes very serious. When the episode starts, you simply have no clue what theme and mood this time it will be and will they capture their prey or not, or maybe it will be one of those rare episodes when they follow the main story of Cowboy Bepop? In any case, all episodes are very enjoyable and unpredictable.

Since the plot is not the main engine, then what exactly makes Cowboy Bepop series so amazing that it is usually listed in most anime top lists? Well that probably is characters and OST. Every one of the main character's have some really harsh past that they do not want to share with anyone at all. It is something they treasure a lot. All of this does not stop them from some really amusing interaction.

As I mentioned already, they have some really harsh pasts. This "past" thing is what gives a lot of room for the character development. Their past is not revealed in one short episode and what is most important - the way their past is revealed. Usually past is revealed by jumping into flashbacks, however that is not the case with Cowbow Bepop. To see how it is done, you will have to watch it yourself, but I can reassure you that their growth as individual and as a team member is definitely executed extremely well and in entertaining way.

Music is the other major factor why this series is so brilliant. Whole soundtrack is simply superb. This whole jazz music is fitting the story perfectly. I have never seen another anime that could go so perfectly in sync with its soundtrack. The last two episodes is kinda a showdown of the beauty that jazz can actually offer in combination with great story.

What is really surprising that animation is rather good considering in what year Cowboy Bepop aired. Usually I am very picky on the old anime because I cannot withstand crappy animation and just because of this I avoided Cowboy Bepop too. Well now I can certainly say that either the series were so entertaining that I did not notice animation flaws or the animation was just simply good enough considering it was released in 1998.

Overall, Cowboy Bepop is in the anime top tier list definitely for a reason. With its great amusing characters, beautiful and very fitting jazz music it also gives many short yet brilliant stories. I am not afraid to use this word to describe Cowboy Bepop at all - MASTERPIECE.

P.S. I must praise the voice actors who dubbed it amazingly well. I do not know how was the Japanese dubs, but English were great.

Ovyda's Review on MAL
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Birthday : 1993-03-17

Back to top Go down

Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished - Page 6 Empty Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Bato Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Bakuman S1, S2 & S3 – 10/10

After 75 episodes of greatness, i finished it. I can easily say this is one of the very best animes i have ever seen. These authors created Death Note, which was a masterpiece and they surpassed themselves with Bakuman. It’s about 2 guys making mangas of their own. With them comes another bunch of authors who all make their own manga and these 2 real authors thought up ALL those ideas. I actually want to see atleast 5 of those mangas become a real anime because they seem so great.

Anyway, i enjoyed evry second of this anime and it had a perfect ending. I’m pretty sad it ended though. I was pretty addicted to it.
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Darker than Black - 9.3 ]There are some spoilers, so don't read or read very carefully if you didn't watch yet or didn't finish yet]

Season 1 - 9
The main reason why this anime is so good is because it started great and stayed great untill the end of season one. Never dropped quality in this season. Although i felt something missed to give it a 10, this was a masterpiece.

Season 2 - 8
Less than season 1, but still a great season. Many people say this season ruined Darker than Black, but i disagree. Hei experienced some real shit and took the toll for it. He's older here too. I think Suou was a real addition to the awesome Darker than Black characters. I liked her alot. Mao still being there only made it better. Probably after Hei my favorite DTB character. Again this show missed something, which i don't know what it is, and the ending was strange and not very satisfying. Hoping one day we will see a season 3 because i still have some questions that should be answered.

Season 1.5 - 10
Just watched this yesterday and today. A true masterpiece. The Darker than Black feelings were in it, and evrything confusing in season 2 was explained. The relationship between Hei and Yin was thorougly shown this time and in the end they shown what made Hei a long haired, anti-shaving, alcoholic, depressed guy. They even showed him as alcoholic in the end of the season. They also showed what happened to Yin and left evrything right for season 2. Unlike season 1 and 2, i didn't feel something missed.

Special episode - 10
This one i watched a while ago and it was a side story from the real story. It was HILARIOUS. I laughed so hard and Mao was at his best here :DGave it a 10 because of the enjoyment rate.

About the discussion of what to watch first, i'd say it's best to watch season 1.5 before season 2. Because i did have some real questions while watching season 2 which made it kinda confusing.
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Well I could rant something I suppose... have been a while.

One Outs 9/10
Psychological and very unusual sports genre anime. The sport is baseball if someone couldn't understand from the title. I have seen two baseball anime before already, so it wasn't a big issue for me that One Outs wasn't really descriptive and focusing on the game rules in general. Actually they went with the baseball rules that aren't the most common in normal game. Don't get me wrong, all the rules and the whole anime is realistic and doesn't have any kind of super powers/supernatural stuff. Simply it showed the other side of the rules as well (what not to do). 

The MC isn't typical one for sports anime as well. He's neither overpowered, nor starts as weakling and after lots of practice reaches the top. He's simply an average player, who barely ever loses at pitching. How come if he's just an average player? Well he's playing mind games. He intimidates, taunts and does basically everything to make the batter lose confidence/motivation in his batting, but doesn't break the rules either. Everything is legit. The psychological game he plays with the opponents is a must see thing even tho you aren't sports genre anime fan, you would probably enjoy this kind of anime if you like mind games.

Cat Shit One 8/10
Well that was... wow! After reading the title, then looking at picture, reading synopsis and finding out that it's just an ONA, I really thought it will be crap. But how wrong I was! Only 22 minutes, but it was nowhere near enough for me. Rabbit unit (army theme) are in the war vs terrorists (camels) somewhere in the desert. Lots of action, swearing, killing, blood and even comedy is showed in just 22 minutes. It's really catching and entertaining. Worth a watch!

Break Blade 2 6/10
I was medium drunk while watching this, so maybe I missed some important scenes/points, but overall I didn't enjoy as much as the first one as far as I remember lol. Just how BB1 had lots of action, the 2nd movie also following the same path. Again some magical powers (fantasy genre) are included in the story together with mecha. Actually mecha is the probably the most important thing in the series, so this "fantasy" addition is kinda off (not really necessary). Moreover, it's not even explained how, who, when, why and etc about the whole magic thing. Since I am not a mecha fan, just having tons of action is not enough for me to enjoy the series a lot. Might become better with the sequels tho when the shit is explained properly.

Grave of the Fireflies 8/10
When I watched first time I was rather drunk and didn't really pay much attention to the movie. I believe this fact ruined the "feels" for me that everyone talks so much about. (Note: People say it's better in "feels" wise than Clannad Afterstory). Well when I was rewatching, I could clearly see why it's rated so high and why people mention "the feels" so much. However, since I kind of remembered some parts from the first time I watched, I knew the ending so it didn't really make me shed a tear. It did ache my heart a bit, it had definitely sad and depressing moments, but it's hard to get into when you know everything already. Still rated high because the story was well executed imo.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II 8/10
I already liked the first one, but this one was even better. Full action pack + sex. Something definitely for me. It has one very feminine mc, one badass (GAR) mc and not the most feminine girl mc who does look good tho. Other chars aren't really getting much attention, but since it's a movie to retell the story of the series, it's satisfying. Not really much to say without spoiling. Simply lots of action, drama between mc's and rage/violence/sex/treason. Worth a watch imo.
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:16 am

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - 10/10

The setting of this anime is prison. It's one of the darkest animes i have ever seen, yet it's also one of the lightest. How is this possible? You'll have to watch it to understand.

Amazing series that shows the power of true friendship. You'll be guarenteed to feel happy, sad, satisfied, grossed out and you might even shed a tear at times.

I enjoyed evry single episode of this anime. I can't say more without spoiling.
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:42 am

Bato wrote:

It's one of the darkest animes i have ever seen, yet it's also one of the lightest. How is this possible? You'll have to watch it to understand.

sounds like madoka magica and from the new world (although a little less for the last one as it was pretty dark overall) :O might check it out when i have the time
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Birthday : 1995-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:38 am

Spirited Away 10/10
I have no excuse why it took me so long to watch it... It is indeed a long movie, but totally worth your time. Probably one of those anime series/movies that is a must watch to everyone who watches anime.
The setting (a girl suddenly found an entrance to a fantasy world) isn't really special or unique in any way. However, the whole storyline is totally one of a kind. I have never seen such flawless and beautiful combination of art, animation, story, music and characters considering the date it aired (2001). Furthermore, there is no particular antagonist and to be honest it works out for the better! Lots of greedy and arrogant characters (just like in real life), but deep inside their heart everyone has a piece of friendliness. It's just amazing how well the storyline was written... Lastly, I watched it in dubs and I must say... one of the best dubs I have ever heard. Yes, even better than those Japanese people pull up. Truly astonishing voice acting job done by the Americans (most likely), especially Chihiro's voice was lovable and like a music to my heart and ear. I fell in love with that voice... Just perfection!

Not going into deeper matter anymore. Simply put - BEAUTIFUL!
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:42 am

Rated 6/10 Very Happy The chat ruins so many movie moments Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 pm

I ignored the chat completely. The movie was simply too amazing that I could spend my time on the chat. No wonder it's rated so high on MAL.
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:21 pm

*Lelouch aims his eyes on Bato*
Lelouch: You shall now rate Code Geass!
Bato: Yes. Your majesty!

Code Geass - 9.5

What i liked about this anime was the plot twists, the strategy's, the characters and that they weren't afraid to kill off important characters, and man there were many deaths. The story was great and the ending was perfect.

What i disliked was the mecha part. I rly hate seeing 2 robots fighting and when 1 gets defeated, the person riding it might still be unharmed. I also didn't like how they were getting closer and closer to ecchi. This doesn't fit at all in Code Geass.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 9.0

Geass. The power to control other people's minds just by looking at them. It's a great power and a terrifying power at the same time. This anime is all about manipulation, strategy's, kings and playing with life and death. What i liked so much about the first season is that the pace was really relaxed when outside a battle. Sometimes they even threw in a funny highschool episode. And it all seemed to fit in really well, despite this being a very serious battle anime.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 10.0 *MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Read only if you have seen S2:
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Finally... it took you ages to watch it. I wonder if without me forcing you...would you have watched it overall Very Happy See, told you there are good mecha anime too :p
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Forcing me, sounds like you tied me in a chair Very Happy

I watched like 1 ep a day and that was cuz of other animes i was watching aswell. Bakuman and Hajime no Ippo. Would've eventually watched it on my own since it's such a famous anime.

And the mecha part was the thing i didn't like about it lol. Mecha animes needs super great storys and characters to entertain me.

But god.. I'm still thinking about that ending....

Spoiler:
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Well you said you will watch it if I give you download links Very Happy Otherwise probably would have taken you a long time.

Yeah the ending was really twisted. Oh wait, the whole series were twisted Very Happy That's why I call it a masterpiece. I mean to make a great anime about mecha is surely something you can't pull it off easily if you know what I mean Bato Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 am

Agreed. If you can make a great anime with mecha you are a true genious. The story has to be 10 times better than normally.

And oh yeah Very Happy I asked you for download link haha
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Go watch Macross Frontier if you want another good Mecha anime.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Birthday : 1989-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Hajime no Ippo - 10/10

Best sports anime i have ever seen and in my top 10 of all time favorites. What a great anime. Almost evrything was great about it.

The story was very good and switched from funny to serious at the perfect moments. The humour started strange and couldn't make me laugh, but after finding out the personalitys of certain characters, it became better and funnier. The matches were very intense and always a good watch. The only things i have to complain about in the matches is that commentator that really got on my nerves eventually, with saying exactly the same as what we can see happen and even distracting me from it, and the fights took just a little too long each time. But the conclusion of each fight was always great and satisfying.

The characters were all very entertaining. I can't chose who i like more between Takamura and Sendo. Sendo really grew on me after his background story and his match against Ippo. And Ippo himself is a great main character. A shy weak kid that gets bullied all the time, grows into a pro boxer. And one hell of a boxer he's become!

Before i started watching this show, i heard great reviews about it and i can easily say now that they were all true.

Now on to the episode 76 special, the 2 movies, which i think are part of the story, and season 2 and then be ready for season 3 Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 pm

The World God Only Knows Season 3 - 9/10

Another great season. All 3 seasons so far have been great and as someone who isn't into romance genre, this says alot about how great this series is. I can't believe another season already ended.. Hoping for a season 4, although i don't see how it can continue from here. But the manga did, so who knows Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 8/10

Wow. This was actually a very good anime. A good, fun, solid story at first and at the end a nice little twist. The animation was really nice, there were very likable characters, and yeah the story was pretty good.
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

I am the only one still rating? :s

Shingeki no Kyojin - 9/10

''This is a world of cruelty''. That's what Mikasa said in the last episode and that is exactly what this anime is about. Mankind being pushed inside 3 little walls in a world full of monsters called titans.

The story is superb and has me very excited for the second season.

The characters are okay. Not great, not bad, their decent. Throughout this anime has been alot of talk about the main character, Eren Jaeger, i agree that there could've been a better main character, but i don't think he drags the quality of the story down.

The animation is different. It differs per person if you like it or not. I am fine with it, although i think sometimes it goes a little over the top. But i am not too bothered with the animation.

The enjoyment rate for this anime is perfect to me. Evry episode flew by and i enjoyed it to the fullest.

Can't wait for the next season!
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:22 am

After more than 3 months I have finally finished an anime again xD

Uchouten Kazoku: 9/10

Definitely one of my favorite shows this season, everything was just so magical about it. Every episode got me hooked and I wanted to see more every episode. The main character was quite cool, Benten is awesome and all the other characters were fun to watch too, especially kaisei whose face wasn't even shown until later in the show. This is definitely one of those shows that people seem to miss out on and I highly recommend it.

Kimi no Iru Machi 8/10
Although I do think the manga is better I still loved seeing this animated (even though the final eps were changed quite a bit). I'm completely biased towards this show though and I think non-manga readers would enjoy it much less.

I heard some OADs are coming uit with the next manga volumes, hoping for the rin chapters to be animated Very Happy
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Danganronpa 7/10

I thought the final episodes were pretty dull, not sure what to think of the ending either :\
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 6/10

Was a fun watch but I couldn't help but facepalm during the final episodes. This also didn't even come close to madoka magica even while it's clearly trying to be like it
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 am

I forgot to copy paste stuff from AU Neutral
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Contains little obvious spoilers.

Danganronpa: The Animation 8/10
I was waiting for this anime for more than 6 months to start airing... I must say that it did live up to my expectations. It certainly had some nice mysteries, appealing animation and the most important every single character was unique and interesting to watch. I mean both their appearance and the personality were different from other characters.
I didn't like how predictable it was that Naegi will survive... Or how he's always the one who gets right in every single class trial... Why couldn't they make it a bit more thrilling? The blood color was definitely disappointing, but not really to make it dislike the whole show. Lastly, the ending was cheesy imo... Hope hope hope... yeah right, like that's how the world is...
Anyway, it was still enjoyable show to watch and I am looking forward to 2nd season if they will animate it that is.
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:14 am

Kimi no Iru Machi 7/10
After reading manga I had some high hopes for this one. Unfortunately, it wasn't that it didn't live up, but more like made me angry by changing some important parts... The character development was just pure rubbish and their selected VA didn't really fit... I mean I expected something different.
However, it was still enjoyable show to watch. Beautiful OP and ED and a bit unusual but appealing animation.

So hard to say something when you actually have read the manga Neutral
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next