•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer 2012

4 posters

Go down

Summer 2012 Empty Summer 2012

Post by Sporadic Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Most recent chart: http://static.neregate.com/2012/05/neregate.com-Summer-2012-Anime-v3.png

ITT we talk about what anime we're watching or are interested in for the summer season. But I wanna do it a little differently. I try to keep an open mind with a lot of new anime so I end up trying a lot of shows out in the beginning. I eventually drop a lot of them. But it helps me find shows like Accel World, that I wouldn't normally watch just based on the looks. So I think we should all post what anime we're checking out this season. And I'll also give descriptions for the ones I'm watching.

The New Release Club I'm in on my other anime forum voted on Sword Art Online and Arcana Famiglia. So I'll be watching those. And I've already started Kingdom, which is good so far. Maybe check out the second seasons of Rinne no Lagrange and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon if the first seasons turn out well. Will also be checking out, Arve Rezzle, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, Hakuouki Reimeiroku, Campione!, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Binbougami ga!, Blood Lad and Valkyrie Complex.

OVA: Persona 4 The Animation: No One is Alone, Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito

Movies: Fairy Tail Movie: Houou no Miko

Sword Art Online:

Summer 2012 36343l

Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Jun 24, 2012 to ?
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Genco
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance

The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Death in game means actual 'death' ----

The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' using their Nerve Gear have been forced into this perilous death game and are trapped inside.

Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth'.
He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game ---- 'Aincrad'.

To meet the conditions of clearing the game and leaving this twisted virtual world, he must get through all 100 floors. Will Kirito have what it takes to clear the game, or will he die trying?

Arcana Famiglia

Summer 2012 39495l

Aired: Jul 2, 2012 to ?
Producers: J.C. Staff
Genres: Romance

The story takes place on the small island of Regalo in the Mediterranean Sea. The island has been protected by a vigilante committee called "Arcana Famiglia". The members of the family have psychic powers gained by a secret ritual.

Felicita is a 16-year-old girl who was raised by her strict mother. She visits Regalo to see her father who is the head of Arcana Famiglia. He tells her to become the leader of "Serie of Sword", the arbitrator section of the family.

As one of the members of Arcana Famiglia, Felicita interacts with other handsome but eccentric members.

Kingdom

Summer 2012 34037l

Episodes: 38
Aired: Jun 4, 2012 to ?
Producers: Studio Pierrot, FUNimation EntertainmentL
Genres: Action, Historical, Military, Seinen

In the Warring States Period of ancient China (475-221 BCE), Shin and Hyou are war-orphans in the kingdom of Qin. They dream of one day proving themselves on the battlefield. One day, however, Hyou is taken to the palace by a minister. Winding up on the losing side of a power-struggle, Hyou manages to return to the village, barely alive. Shin then meets a boy who closely resembles Hyou, Ei Sei. For now he is the king of Qin; later he will become the emperor Shi Huangdi.

Rinne no Lagrange 2

Summer 2012 39321l

Episodes: 12
Aired: Jun 9, 2012 to ?
Producers: Production I.G, Xebec
Genres: Comedy

Second part of Rinne no Lagrange. Madoka Kyouno is an energetic girl who is full of passion. As the proud, and only, member of the Kamogawa Girls' High School Jersey Club, she goes around helping people in need.

Madoka's life is turned upside down when she is suddenly asked by a mysterious girl named Lan to pilot a robot. Motivated by her desire to protect the people and city of Kamogawa, Madoka agrees to pilot the resurrected Vox robot to fight against extraterrestrials that have come to attack Earth.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 2

Summer 2012 38227l

Aired: Jul 8, 2012 to ?
Producers: Sunrise
Genres: Action, Fantasy

Second season of Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. In the far future, humans abandon a devastated Earth and traveled to outer space. However, due to unknown phenomenon that prevents them from traveling into space, humanity returns to Earth only to find it inhospitable except for Japan.

To accomodate the entire human population, pocket dimensions are created around Japan to house in the populace. In order to find a way to return to outer space, the humans began reenacting human history according to the Holy book Testament. But in the year 1413 of the Testament Era, the nations of the pocket dimensions invade and conquer Japan, dividing the territory into feudal fiefdoms and forcing the original inhabitants of Japan to leave.

It is now the year 1648 of the Testament Era, the refugees of Japan now live in the city ship Musashi, where it constantly travels around Japan while being watched by the Testament Union, the authority that runs the re-enactment of history. However, rumors of an apocalypse and war begins to spread when the Testament stops revealing what happens next after 1648.

Taking advantage of this situation, Toori Aoi, head of Musashi Ariadust Academy's Supreme Federation and President of the student council, leads his fellow classmates to use this opportunity to regain their homeland.

Arve Rezzle

Summer 2012 38471l

Aired: Jul 2012 to ?
Producers: Zexcs
Genres: Action, Adventure, Mystery, Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

A cyber battle sci-fi. In 2022, the technology of quantum computing has greatly advanced and many people have transfered their mind into the cyber space.

Remu's sister-in-law, Shiki, skipped grades and entered a high school in the academic city "Okinotori-island Mega Float City (OMFC)" when she was 14. One day, Shiki confessed to her brother via Skype that she was talking to him directly from the cyber space and her real body had been kept in a water tank filled with a culture medium. It's called "Body pool" and Shiki connected to the network by nanomachines implanted in her brain.

Remu was surprised but he accepted her decision until an accident called "Early Rupture" happened. The network server got overloaded and users' minds were lost in cyber space leaving soulless living bodies in the Body Pools. In order to bring Shiki's mind back, Remu visits her apartment in OMFC and there meets Shiki escaped from the hospital. But the girl tells him that she is not Shiki and she happens to haven taken over Shiki's body.

When Remu tries to figure out the situation, a violent attack strikes the apartment.

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Summer 2012 36635l

Aired: Jul 2, 2012 to ?
Producers: Satelight, Avex Entertainment, Ixtl
Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Military

ince 1973, an invasion of aliens known as BETA upon Earth is driving human civilization into nearly collapse. Facing an enormous mass of enemy force, mankind has developed large humanoid arms called as Tactical Surface Fighters and deployed them to its defense lines through out the world. However, all those efforts could slow down defeats but could not stop BETA, and mankind is forced to abandon major area of the Eurasian Continent. For 30 years, mankind is bogged down in an endless war against BETA without any hopes of victory.

In 2001, the Imperial Japan faces difficulties in the development of a next-generation main Tactical Surface Fighters (TSF) as it defends the front lines of the Far East. The UN has proposed a joint development program between the Imperial Japan and the United States as a part of its international mutual development project of TSF, the Prominence Project.

Hakuouki Reimeiroku

Summer 2012 39163l

Aired: Jul 1, 2012 to ?
Producers: Studio Deen
Genres: Action, Drama, Historical, Samurai, Shoujo, Supernatural

A third TV series, it is the prequel of Hakuouki and tells the story of the dawning of the Shinsengumi.

Campione!

Summer 2012 37939l

Aired: Jul 6, 2012 to ?
Producers: Diomedea, Barnum Studio
Genres: Comedy, Magic, Romance, Harem

A harem love comedy plus magic battles. Kusanagi Godo is a 16-year-old high school boy, who once killed the god "Verethragna" and acquired the title of "Campione (god killer)" when he was 15. Erica Brandelli is a 16-year-old Italian girl, who is a "Great Knight" of the magic society "Bronze Black Cross" and had fought together with Godo to defeat Verethragna. Godo doesn't like fighting but his title of "Campione" makes him get involved in battles against other Campiones and uncontrollable gods.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

Summer 2012 37577l

Aired: Jul 6, 2012 to ?
Producers: Arms
Genres: Action, Fantasy

In normal RPGs, a hero defeats the Satan king and the story ends. But what does the hero do after that? Ohtorizawa Akatsuki defeats the Satan king in the fantasy world of Alleyzard and returns to the real world. He is sheltered by the international organization BABEL, which protects and controls people transferred from the outer worlds. BABEL is astonished to know Akatsuki has really defeated Satan and brings Satan's daughter Miu from Alleyzard. In the academy of BABEL, Akatsuki confronts other "returners", who have psychic powers.

Binbougami ga!

Summer 2012 39333l

Aired: Jul 5, 2012 to ?
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Supernatural

Sakura Ichiko is a 16-year-old girl who leads a charmed life and is blessed with beauty, brains, and health. She has an abundance of "Happiness Energy", which can make people happy, but at the cost of absorbing all the Happiness Energy from her surroundings. She has caused the energy balance of the world to become unbalanced and because of this, she becomes the target of a Poverty God named Momiji. Momiji goal is to remove Ichiko's power of absorbing other people's Happiness Energy and to return all the energy she has taken to its rightful place.

Blood Lad

Summer 2012 32421l

Aired: Jul 2012 to ?
Producers: None found, add some.
Genres: Comedy, Demons, Vampire, Supernatural, Seinen

Staz is the vampire boss of a section of the demon world, but he has little interest in human blood. He's more infatuated with Japanese culture. When he learns that Yanagi Fuyumi, a Japanese teenage girl, accidentally wanders into the demon city, he jumps to the occasion. However, while Staz deals with an intruder on his turf, the oblivious Fuyumi is killed by a monster and becomes a wandering ghost. The disappointed Staz vows to her that he will find a way to bring Fuyumi back to life.

Valkyrie Complex

Summer 2012 16743

Aired: Not available
Producers: Circus
Genres: Ecchi, Fantasy, Magic, Harem

Based on the eroge-RPG produced by Circus and produced for Circus' 10th Anniversary.

[youtube]Valkyrie Complex[/youtube]

Persona 4 The Animation: No One is Alone

Summer 2012 37787l

Episodes: 1
Aired: Aug 22, 2012
Producers: Aniplex, AIC A.S.T.A.
Genres: Adventure, Mystery, School, Sci-Fi, Super Power, Supernatural

New episode included with the 10th blu-ray volume. The episode will adapt the true ending from the original PS2 game.

Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito

Summer 2012 39295l

Episodes: 4
Aired: Aug 4, 2012 to ?
Genres: Action, Mecha, Military

Fairy Tail Movie: Houou no Miko

Summer 2012 37507l

Episodes: 1
Aired: Aug 18, 2012
Producers: Satelight, A-1 Pictures
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen

The film revolves around a mysterious girl named Éclair who appears before Fairy Tail, the world's most notorious wizard's guild. She lost all of her memories, except for the imperative that she must deliver two Phoenix Stones somewhere. The stones may spell the collapse of the magical world, and Natsu, Lucy, and the rest of the Fairy Tail guild are caught up in the intrigue.

Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Birthday : 1988-05-17

http://nolimitclan.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Summer 2012 Empty Re: Summer 2012

Post by Ovyda Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:06 am

Sword Art Online and Arcana Famiglia

Looks great Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Birthday : 1993-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 am

So many bad anime this season. I think I'll be watching some of Sword Art Online and some sequels
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Birthday : 1995-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Still the same as first time i saw the chart
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:48 pm

V1ncent wrote:So many bad anime this season. I think I'll be watching some of Sword Art Online and some sequels

The sequels actually seem the worst to me.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Yeah but I'll watch them because I've seen the first seasons anyway
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Birthday : 1995-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Ha. I'm trying to finish the first seasons right now actually.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Top 3 are Sword art Online, Arcana Famiglia and Kingdom. The other I will give a shot because you never know sometimes.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Im trying Campione also
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Campione is a romance / harem it says. But it had some nice fighting in it so idk.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 pm

That doesnt sound too cool :/ But trying it wont hurt i guess
Bato
Bato