•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion on ESports

4 posters

Go down

Discussion on ESports Empty Discussion on ESports

Post by nsyw Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:59 am

nsyw
nsyw
Contributer

Birthday : 1993-09-17

Back to top Go down

Discussion on ESports Empty Re: Discussion on ESports

Post by Kirbyface Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:09 am

At this moment lol is still growing and idk if you know but there are almost every 2 weeks a tourney (small ones tho, with 1k-3k for first place). Also the pro clans are growing, lately there are 4 new in the scene. ItsMyFirstTime, MeetYourMakers, Acer and another but forgot. (in NA/EU atleast)

They're planning a world tourney, with everyone from the world. So it still has a lot of growing potential, the prives keep getting bigger, this season there is a prize pool of 5 mil. So yeah i think it is possible lol will take over as this keeps going. It will be the game with most profit for pro gamers. And soon.
Kirbyface
Kirbyface
Contributer

Birthday : 1992-08-20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9wYAqR0N30

Back to top Go down

Post by Suri Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:37 pm

it will grow and grow only thing riot is doing bad is releasing champs to often.
Suri
Suri
Contributer

Birthday : 1993-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirbyface Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Suri wrote:it will grow and grow only thing riot is doing bad is releasing champs to often.

This, and they have to balance the new champs more imo. Almost every new champs start out op, then they start nerfing. They just do it so people will buy it.
Kirbyface
Kirbyface
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by nsyw Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:14 am

Kirbyface wrote:At this moment lol is still growing and idk if you know but there are almost every 2 weeks a tourney (small ones tho, with 1k-3k for first place). Also the pro clans are growing, lately there are 4 new in the scene. ItsMyFirstTime, MeetYourMakers, Acer and another but forgot. (in NA/EU atleast)

They're planning a world tourney, with everyone from the world. So it still has a lot of growing potential, the prives keep getting bigger, this season there is a prize pool of 5 mil. So yeah i think it is possible lol will take over as this keeps going. It will be the game with most profit for pro gamers. And soon.

Yea i know about the small european teams, however only a FEW of them ever make it big(if they arent backed by huge organisations), while most teams get broken over and over again such as 3DMax and mouz esports . An exception would be the old Mistral Gaming team first getting bought over by AbsoluteLegends, and now transferring over to Curse(one of the richest organisations in the gaming world)

But, remember that most of the prize money comes from Riot's pocket.

Would love to hear Spor's input on this too.
nsyw
nsyw
Contributer

Birthday : 1993-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 am

I pretty much agree with the whole thing. There is a problem with esport games that have an expiration date, or shelf life. The hype grows really strong, Counter Strike came out in 2003. It peaked in 2006 with all the cyber league stuff and then slowly went down hill. Players always added mods and add ons and other cools mdls and shit to keep players coming back. But they never added anything on the competitive level to keep the games fresh. The best they could do was drop the price significantly but the process was failed to repeat itself with with Condition Zero and inevitably Source as well. The developers just failed to continue to delivering new material after release and the only support the game continues getting at that point is from players modding stuff, trying to add new content and make it better.

I like LoL because it's been around for a little while and it still has a strong community. As long as the developers add more champs every once in awhile and not too often like you guys were saying, and other content not getting diluted I think it could stay an esport game for awhile.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Birthday : 1988-05-17

http://nolimitclan.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirbyface Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 am

Sporadic wrote:I pretty much agree with the whole thing. There is a problem with esport games that have an expiration date, or shelf life. The hype grows really strong, Counter Strike came out in 2003. It peaked in 2006 with all the cyber league stuff and then slowly went down hill. Players always added mods and add ons and other cools mdls and shit to keep players coming back. But they never added anything on the competitive level to keep the games fresh. The best they could do was drop the price significantly but the process was failed to repeat itself with with Condition Zero and inevitably Source as well. The developers just failed to continue to delivering new material after release and the only support the game continues getting at that point is from players modding stuff, trying to add new content and make it better.

I like LoL because it's been around for a little while and it still has a strong community. As long as the developers add more champs every once in awhile and not too often like you guys were saying, and other content not getting diluted I think it could stay an esport game for awhile.

they used to add a champ every week, now it's every 3 weeks or something.
Kirbyface
Kirbyface
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down