•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo

+4
Kisser
Bato
MvRaM
Sporadic
8 posters

Go down

S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo Empty S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo

Post by Sporadic Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Tragic events going on. Megavideo and megaupload were shut down due to the S.O.P.A and PIPA act today. You will be missed. R.I.P
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Birthday : 1988-05-17

http://nolimitclan.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo Empty Re: S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo

Post by Sporadic Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

On 19 January 2012, Federal prosecutors in Virginia closed down Megaupload and charged its founder Kim Dotcom and others with allegedly breaching copyright infringement laws.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo Empty Re: S.O.P.A Claims Megaupload and Megavideo

Post by MvRaM Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Was this because of SOPA or DMCA? I thought sopa/pipa would try to pass this next Monday.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Birthday : 1989-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 pm

WOW FUCK THEM.. I used megaupload for so many things
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:22 pm

MvRaM wrote:Was this because of SOPA or DMCA? I thought sopa/pipa would try to pass this next Monday.

That's what the title says. They're already issuing court orders to cease and desist. Check it out for yourself.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 pm

WTF MAN, that's not cool, that shit hasn't even passed and they're already shutting down sites? That's not the America I came to for, fuck this shit, Ima go riot on the streets if such ridiculous laws pass, it absolutely goes against freedom of speech, OUTRAGEOUS

This is pathetic, I'm telling you, the government will regret it if they pass these laws, they will, Americans vs Government....

I'm counting on Anonymous for some epic hacking fight

BTW they recently hacked a government website after megaupload was shut down

They keep posting videos on youtube. Anonymous BE MAD YO
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Birthday : 1996-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Kisser wrote:WTF MAN, that's not cool, that shit hasn't even passed and they're already shutting down sites? That's not the America I came to for, fuck this shit, Ima go riot on the streets if such ridiculous laws pass, it absolutely goes against freedom of speech, OUTRAGEOUS

This is pathetic, I'm telling you, the government will regret it if they pass these laws, they will, Americans vs Government....

You do remember I'm part of Anonymous right? We started running scripts a hour after the sites went down.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Kisser wrote:WTF MAN, that's not cool, that shit hasn't even passed and they're already shutting down sites? That's not the America I came to for, fuck this shit, Ima go riot on the streets if such ridiculous laws pass, it absolutely goes against freedom of speech, OUTRAGEOUS

You do remember I'm part of Anonymous right? We started running scripts a hour after the sites went down.

So we are counting on you to become our hero!
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Sporadic wrote:

Dude, you have never told me that...
OMFG you're an anonymous, I love you Spor, no homo.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Suri Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Sporadic wrote:

s
becarefull if sopa goes live they wil hunt you guys down
Suri
Suri
Contributer

Birthday : 1993-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Suri wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

s
becarefull if sopa goes live they wil hunt you guys down

And over 10 million americans
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Suri Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:55 pm

spors more important xD
Suri
Suri
Contributer

Birthday : 1993-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 am

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_19777444?source=rss

Anonymous says it is in the process of staging its "largest attack ever" -- more than 5,000 loosely associated hackers taking down websites belonging to government and recording industry organizations in response to Thursday's shutdown of the file-sharing site Megaupload.com.

The Department of Justice unsealed an indictment against Megaupload.com on Thursday, arresting its founder -- Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz -- in New Zealand and charging her and at least five other company executives with violating privacy laws.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 am

I think what they just did is illegal as the law has not passed yet. So i think they could take this to court and try to see what they can do about it.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 am

They've always had the power to do this, they've done it before, they can do it now. SOPA and PIPA however would make it way easier, and they have more authority. The timing to do this though, it's like they're threatening the people, them motherfuckers don't know who they're messing with though.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 am

Kisser wrote:They've always had the power to do this, they've done it before, they can do it now. SOPA and PIPA however would make it way easier, and they have more authority. The timing to do this though, it's like they're threatening the people, them motherfuckers don't know who they're messing with though.

Pretty much this. Where SOPA is more stringent about the laws, illegal media distribution was already illegal. And Megaupload was one of the biggest hubs for sharing it.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SakkakeDarling Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:50 am

^that.

/sniffle
SakkakeDarling
SakkakeDarling
Valued Member

Birthday : 1995-02-15

http://littlethingsandenvelopes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 am

Yeah that's true, i was looking at it the wrong way. It doesn't matter if they took down megaupload there is many more out there that do the same job, and there will be many more to come. If SOPA passes that would be another story all together. The only reason i see they want to pass SOPA is because this way they can take down not only one site, but many at the same time.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Edit: I almost forgot, making signatures would be illegal under SOPA. Sad
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 am

internet warriors rise haha
Ryan
Ryan
Contributer

Birthday : 1994-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nesta Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:25 am

so when are they taking down youtube? or arresting me for putting a song in my vid?
Nesta
Nesta
Contributer

Birthday : 1992-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down