•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Thread 6

+3
Ovyda
Kisser
Sporadic
7 posters

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

Approve Anime Thread 6

Post by Sporadic Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

~ Anime Thread 6 ~

Anime Thread 6 Fairy%20Tail,%20Naruto,%20Bleach%20-%20Omni%20Group%20Picture

Welcome to Anime Thread 6!

It's a long time in the making but it's finally arrived. Please remember to use spoiler tags when applicable. And above all else, have fun discussing! Check out the new season and see what's popular!

Anime Thread 6 Watch-tonari-no-kaibutsu-kun-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Mizutani Shizuku is the type of person who only cares for her own grades. But when she accidentally delivers lesson notes to Yoshida Haru, he becomes convinced they are friends. Haru turns out to have a very innocent personality, but who would've thought that Haru would actually confess to Shizuku? A cold-hearted girl and super-troublemaker romance with a fresh new perspective.

Anime Thread 6 Watch-k-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic

K
Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we're familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings. Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.

Anime Thread 6 Watch-btooom-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic

Btooom!
The story centers around Ryūta Sakamoto, a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) young man and a top-ranked player in the online combat game Btoom! One day, he wakes up on a tropical island without remembering how he got there. He sees a figure in the distance and asks for help. However, the figure responds by throwing something at Ryūta — a "BIM" bomb. In that moment, Ryūta comes to realize two things: one, his own life is in danger, and two, he is now in the world of Btoom!

Anime Thread 6 Watch-code-breaker-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic

Code Breaker
Riding the bus one day, Sakurakouji Sakura looks out the window to see people being burned alive with a blue fire and a boy her age who's unharmed and standing over the people. She comes back to the site the next day and there are no corpses or evidence of any kind of murder, just a small fire. She then goes to class to find there's a new transfer student, Oogami Rei, who looks exactly like the boy she saw before and wears a black glove only on his left hand. Oogami is a Code Breaker, one who "does not exist". He is a seemingly cold-blooded killer who follows the principle of "an eye for an eye", to "use evil against evil". Convinced that killing is not right, Sakurakouji sets out to stop him and penetrate his icy heart.

Anime Thread 6 Watch-sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
The school romantic comedy revolves around a second-year high school student named Sorata Kanda who lives in Sakurasou, the dormitory for problem children at Sorata's school. One day, Mashiro Shiina - a cute girl who happens to be also a cosmopolitan, brilliant artist - moves into Sakurasou. Sorata thinks to himself that he should protect Mashiro from the weirdos at Sakurasou, but Mashiro has a surprising secret: she has no idea how to take care of herself. She gets lost if she goes out, and her room is a complete mess. Sorata's dorm mates designate him as the "master" of Mashiro, and thus, an ordinary boy and a brilliant girl must live like "a master and his pet." (AKA: Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo)

Last edited by Sporadic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Birthday : 1988-05-17

http://nolimitclan.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Approve Re: Anime Thread 6

Post by Sporadic Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Currently Watching

Anime Thread 6 Watchi13

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de: The parody of the classic Nintendo and Sega console wars of the 90s. Started watching out of curiosity and ended up enjoying it. They don't parody the respective consoles characters 100% so there's still tons of room so individual development and progression. Had bits of fighting and magic. Then once signs of ecchi popped up I was sold. Only bad part about this show is it only comes out once every 3 months.

Btooom!: At first it seemed like it was going to slightly follow SAO in the sense that they get pulled into their game and can't get out till one wins. But they actually kidnapped top players, stick them on an island and make them fight it out deathmatch style. I'm enjoying it. I'm a sucker for survival games though.

Code:Breaker: No real opinion yet. Although I'm two weeks behind on it so maybe once I catch up I'll have a real opinion on it.

Fairy Tail: Nothing much to say here other than amazing. They're getting close to where I dropped the manga because it was getting too bad ass. And my favorite character is finally back. Jellal. I've been waiting months for this.

Hunter x Hunter: Nearing where the original series ended. The remake is amazing so far. Probably my second favorite that I'm watching after FT. I really hope they continue the series past where the first ended and adapt more of the manga.

Ixion Saga DT: Seems like a lighthearted comedy style adventure. It's okay so far.

Jormungand: Perfect Order: Loved the first one so of course I love this second season.

K: At first I thought it was gonna turn into a yaoi. Then Neko showed up. Still don't know what to think.

Kingdom: The slight time skip was nice. Xin is moving up ranks fast.

Kyousougiga: The second ep finally came out recently and I forgot to watch it. This one is very confusing because they just throw you into their world randomly and explain stuff as they go along. It almost seems FLCL reminiscent. Another one that only comes out like once every 3 months.

Magi: Love it. I tstarted watching because the plot seemed like it was going to be a failure. but I really like what they're doing with the show.

Psycho-Pass: No genuine opinion yet. I'm loving the concept and the period of time its taking place in though. In that one episode where that girl could redesign her room with whatever skin she wanted was pretty bad ass.

Robotics;Notes: Eh, could be better. Too much hype and people expecting it to be like s;g

Saint Seiya Omega: I actually still like this a lot. Even though it has practically none of the original people working on it. It's still interesting.

Shinsekai yori: Probably one of my more favorite shows this season. I like the fact that their powers are kinetic based and not just your run of the mill magical powers.

Soul Eater: Still on ep 2.. lol

Sword Art Online: I've never seen an anime with so much potential destroy my hopes more and more with each episode. Some series have all of the elements required for greatness but never quite manage to put them together. And then there are series like SAO, which have all of the elements necessary for mediocrity and struggle even to achieve that much.

Zetsuen no Tempest: Good so far too.

Last edited by Sporadic on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 am

Wooooohoooo it's back! Cool picture btw.

I want to start off with Kingdom, which has become one of my favorite anime btw, hope I'm not alone on that one.
Spoiler:
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Birthday : 1996-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 am

Short comments on what I am watching currently.

Part 1
Spoiler:
Part 2
Spoiler:
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Birthday : 1993-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de: I liked the 1st ep, allthough sometimes it turned to boring. Mostly good though. Too bad its once in 3 months. But then again we can enjoy this show longer Very Happy

Btooom!: First ep was ok (not bad but defenitely not good), 2nd ep i hated it and was thinking of dropping it, 3rd ep till now i was super glad i didnt drop it since now im loving it! Good action and some amazing gross parts Very Happy

Code;Breaker: Im loving it. I dont think Sakura is THAT annoying, maybe the curse doesnt effect me Very Happy But she can be rather annoying when she steps in front of Ogami when hes about to kill some1 in a badass way Very Happy
Spoiler:

D. Gray-Man: I can recommend this anime to evry1 who loves a shounen with good humour. Amazing show. Me and Ovyda are at ep 26 now. Only bad thing is that this anime turned out like Bleach, being dropped before being finished, at ep 103.

Fairy Tail: Its back to being Fairy Tail Very Happy Amazing show it is again what is to be expected from the FT main story.

Jormungand (1st season): I have only seen 5 eps so far, but still planning on catching up before it ends. I cant rly say that much about it, but it started kinda boring, but its getting better now. I enjoyed some good fights

K: What can i say? When its becoming good, next ep sucks, when its sucking, next eps good..... Weirdest anime in a while but im actually enjoying the slice of life parts with Shiro and Kuro. Kuro threatning Shiro and Shiro not being able to prove his innocence over and over Very Happy But IS he really innocent? Im starting to think hes not after last ep.

Kingdom:Dont have to say much about this since i've said before how much im loving this show. And its still getting better evry ep!

Kuroko no BasketAnother show im catching up to, but it will take a while since im 1st watching Jormungand and maybe also Mirai Nikki. So far, after 5 eps its been alright, but im sure it will become better when they enter the Inter High!

Magi:The fact that its about Alladin and Alibaba seemed kinda lame, but im absolutely LOVING evry ep so far! So far evry ep has been 1 night, so this anime will be 1001 eps? Very Happy Very Happy

Mirai NikkiA finished show that i should have watched when it aired.. Im loving it. Its just really lame with the censored shit.

NarutoAfter i finished the Bleach manga i decided to read 5 Naruto chapters a day so i can slowly catch up. Im only at chapter 25 now (ep 14) and its switching between boring moments and good fights.

One PieceStill my favorite anime ever. It was terrible with the slow pace in Fishman Island, but these last 2 eps defenitely made up for it. Gonna be so good when they enter the new world! And on to Punk Hazard.. But 1st 2 filler eps preparing for the Z movie

Pokemon best wishes season 2 Its Pokemon, enough said haha

Sword Art OnlineAllthough it would have been better if they stayed in SAO, i am loving what they are doing with this anime. They could have ruined it by going into Alfheim Online, but im also loving that part of the anime. SAO was better, but seeing Kirito hacking in Alfheim Online is also fun Very Happy Just the Kirito x Cousin thing is disgusting

Toriko:In a filler atm, but like Ovyda said, HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT LOVE THIS WHEN THEY LOVE OTHER SHOUNEN Q_Q, its just a great show!

Zetsuen no TempestWas my favorite of the season, but atm im just liking Mahiro and the rest is becoming kinda lame. But im still enjoying it. I am rating Btooom, Code Breaker and Magi higher than this show now though.

edit: @Ovyda, why can you like Eyeshield with old animation, but not Yu Yu Hakusho because of the same reason? Sad
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Because I am into sport genre anime more than shounen. If there would be lots of genre shows, I wouldn't watch Eyeshield21, but since there aren't... As for shounen shows there's ton of them every season, so I would rather watch something new and weekly Smile
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Sports anime has never been really popular. That's why there's so few of them. Never liked watching sports too much, so obviously I don't like sports anime. But it's still more enjoyable than some things.

What I don't like is, and I've seen this on JD a lot. Is people that don't like older anime because of the animation. Nobody can ever pay homage to the older classics. If it weren't for those, anime would not be what it is today. Back then anime was the best. sure the animation isn't what it is today. But the storys, character designs, and plot were all original. Not like nowadays. Everything been recycled to the point where nothing is original anymore.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm

^And also, evry1 loves Dragonball and One Piece and all those, while they also had the same animation back then.
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by V1ncent Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm

The problem I have with older anime is that it looks so ugly on my tv that I can't read the subtitles, must be something wrong with my settings but I can't seem to fix it.

for some reason even 720p looks blurry Sad buy I can watch old anime on my ps vita though Very Happy

I should start watching something again but I've been so busy with school and life Sad
V1ncent
V1ncent
Contributer

Birthday : 1995-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Well old anime will never look that good. But it's a huge improvement if you watch it HD on a TV. I stopped watching anime on my computer, I just download it in 1080p or 720p and put it on my usb and to my dvd(I'd use an hdmi cable from my pc but its kinda old so it doesn't have an hdmi slot). I watched some Rurouni Kenshin on it and the quality wasn't as great but it was better than in my pc. And holy shit BTOOOM and K look so amazing on 1080p too.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Kisser wrote:Well old anime will never look that good. But it's a huge improvement if you watch it HD on a TV. I stopped watching anime on my computer, I just download it in 1080p or 720p and put it on my usb and to my dvd(I'd use an hdmi cable from my pc but its kinda old so it doesn't have an hdmi slot). I watched some Rurouni Kenshin on it and the quality wasn't as great but it was better than in my pc. And holy shit BTOOOM and K look so amazing on 1080p too.

When i was still catching up to OP i watched like 20 eps a day and then it was quite late so i went to bed, but then i couldnt get enough of it so i went on internet on my ps3, to Lovemyanime.net and watched it like that. The quality was shit but it was watchable actually. Something i didnt expect Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

We're not talking about just the quality of the video, but the animation itself. A lot of these older anime you see on the internet are vhs rips that ave been re-encoded a hundred times. Which is why its good some shows like Tenchi Muyo and Trigun got remastered editions released.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Well either way, i had 0,00% problems with the Yu Yu Hakusho animation while watching it. I watched it on an anime stream site.
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 pm

1986, Saint Seiya. One of the best anime I've seen. And maybe Rene would also agree. And I don't care what the animation looks like. It might be a difference between people watching anime at a much younger age than others. Those are the kind of shows I grew up with. Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Fist of the North Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Muyo.

Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm

I only started watching anime for real in the season Deadman Wonderland aired. So thats not so long ago. But i rly dont mind animation like that. The story is the most important for me. And the characters
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:49 pm

I think Bleach was my starting point for anime. Before I only watched Naruto, but when I started Bleach I was mindblown by how awesome it was. Before I didn't think much about anime so I didn't give it a try, but I watched Naruto because I like it, but damn was I wrong.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Yeah its a re-air of Nami's story and the Strawhats vs the Arlong Pirates. Its almost 2 hours long -_-

I wish they just air these things as weekly specials with 20 min per ep
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm

NOOOOOO. I am happy they did it this way. It was soooo gooood to rewatch this !!!
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm

I can't wait the the Luffy special, that's the one I wanna see the most. It's coming out in EXACTLY a month, then they have to sub it though.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Btooom ep 7 was great... I loved it
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Psycho-Pass was rather good again Smile
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm 50 anime episodes behind. I feel that I wont be able to catch up before next season.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Birthday : 1989-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 pm

You are really slow ;o
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I got stuff to do lol, the good thing is that Thanksgiving is coming up and I will have 4 days off excluding the weekend. I should have some time to catch up.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Birthday : 1989-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next