•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA needs a new anthem?

+2
Sporadic
Jason
6 posters

Go down

Approve USA needs a new anthem?

Post by Jason Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:50 am

According to the writer of this Article, the USA needs a new anthem that really fits the 21st century.
"Born In The USA" could potentially be a good anthem, but does not quite fit the modern age.

Beneath is his story and 5 surprising suggestions. Rammstein being nr1 Very Happy
-----------------------------------------------

Green Day 'American Idiot', Bruce Springsteen 'Born in the USA' and 5 Suggestions For the New National Anthem

America's national anthem is a storied song, frequently belted out before sporting events of all types. Francis Scott Key's "The Star-Spangled Banner" has reigned supreme over the land since it was officially recognized as the national anthem on July 27, 1889. In my book, 123 years is quite enough time for one song. The Star-Spangled Banner" had a decent run, but does anyone really know (or for that matter care about) what a rampart is?

The easy choice for a replacement would fall on the shoulders of 'The Boss,' Mr. Bruce Springsteen and his timeless song, "Born in the U.S.A."

Just slightly behind this fan favorite, is another classic, oldies-rock, America-themed song. Neil Diamond's "America" is the heart of what it means to 'come to America.'

While these two songs are easily the crowd favorites, they simply don't get the job done for America in the 21st century. That is why I am proposing a new American national anthem. I have compiled the five best representations of what it means to be in, and to be an American, in today's world.

5. Kid Rock:"American Bad Ass"

Kid Rock's timeless song highlights what makes America, AMERICA! With a catchy tune this hard rock legend solidifies the bad-ass nature of the red, white, and blue.

4. Green Day: "American Idiot"

This classic punk anthem helped the millenial generation define themselves, and find their rebellious roots. Furthermore this powerful song was adapted into a live-action, award-winning Broadway musical. The title track from Green Day's seventh studio album represents what American exceptionalism and nationalism have to offer the world.

3. David Bowie feat. Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails: "I'm Afraid of Americans"

This masterful song by the ever-popular David Bowie was reinterpreted by Trent Reznor, the brilliant visionary behind Nine Inch Nails. This lyrically powerful song highlights what America has to offer and chronicles the appeal of American culture. Furthermore it accentuates the connection that America has with God -- a vital part of understanding America.

2. Trey Parker:"America, Fuck Yeah!"

Created as the theme song for the 2004 movie Team America: World Police, this song has served as the calling card for American foreign policy. This song has also programmed Americans, both domestic and abroad, to shout "Fuck Yeah!" after hearing the word "America." A clever and sharply written song, Trey Parker's quintessential melody will continue to inspire for generations to come.

1. Rammstein: "Amerika"

While songs five through two definitely represent America in song form, nothing comes close to the masterpiece that is "Amerika." The refrain boldly states "We're all living in America," a lyric that underscores that the world clearly envies American culture and society; a central message of the song. Rammstein zeroes in on what American culture has so generously given the world: Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse, and the WonderBra [Yes this brassiere was designed in Canada, but, more importantly, first patented in America]. By repeatedly declaring that "Amerika is Wunderbar," the message that "America is Wonderful" is able to be conveyed beyond just English speakers. The boys at Rammstein also incorporate the melting pot of American immigration by alluding to "Mother Tongues." And most importantly, they emphasize the American love of war -- essential to understanding how we so willingly give democracy to the world.

The case has now been made for what song should replace "The Star-Spangled Banner" as America's national anthem. I would suggest to all readers that they should begin to study this powerful and eloquent song, because it is sure to precede America's sporting events sometime in the near future.

Bron: http://www.policymic.com/articles/9560/green-day-american-idiot-bruce-springsteen-born-in-the-usa-and-5-suggestions-for-the-new-national-anthem

Last edited by Jason on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason
Jason
Contributer

Birthday : 1994-09-15

Back to top Go down

Approve Re: USA needs a new anthem?

Post by Sporadic Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:55 am

That is all. Matt Stone and Trey Parker ftw.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Birthday : 1988-05-17

http://nolimitclan.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Best Very Happy

Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Birthday : 1993-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm

No need for a new anthem, the one we have is fine. Why are people so instigated in changing our nation ways?????

MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Birthday : 1989-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Don't take it too seriously, please. This was just an article I found and I figured it would be fun to post.
Jason
Jason
Contributer

Birthday : 1994-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Ovyda wrote:Best Very Happy

this
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 pm

It wasn't serious lol, don't worry you wont get banned XD. I was just stating my opinion.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 pm

MvRaM wrote:No need for a new anthem, the one we have is fine. Why are people so instigated in changing our nation ways?????

Don't get butt-hurt this isn't supposed to be taken seriously.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Sporadic wrote:

ROFLMAO I have this really patriotic friend and he used to play this song.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Birthday : 1996-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Sporadic wrote:
MvRaM wrote:No need for a new anthem, the one we have is fine. Why are people so instigated in changing our nation ways?????

Don't get butt-hurt this isn't supposed to be taken seriously.

It wasn't serious look at the post above yours. How about instead of trolling you get on DN and give me some free stuff!
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Guilty Very Happy

I tried looking for you yesterday and waited for like 15 mins before going back to LoL. If you wanna be on later Thumper said he'd help me power level you.

Kisser wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

ROFLMAO I have this really patriotic friend and he used to play this song.

The satire in Team America is hilarious.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MvRaM Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 am

Off topic

at what time? I can go on right now for an hour or two.
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisser Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:24 am

LOLOLOL Team America I haven't seen that movie since I was like 10, all adults thought it was okay since it was puppets, but nope, that movie is NOT for children. I still found it hilarious though.
Kisser
Kisser
Contributer

Birthday : 1996-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down