•Nö•Lîm Multi-Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story

4 posters

Go down

New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story Empty New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story

Post by MvRaM Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm

New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story 23223-Rurouni-Kenshin-Kinema-Ban

"If you were hoping for an entirely new Rurouni Kenshin tale when we first heard about a new manga coming, this might disappoint you. (Then again, why do you want more when the 28-volume original manga wrapped up quite nicely?) Rurouni Kenshin - Kinema Version has started running in Jump SQ, a monthly sister to Weekly Shonen Jump. Nobuhiro Watsuki is putting his current manga, Embalming -The Another Tale of Frankenstein-, on hiatus until his new manga is done this fall.

This Kenshin manga is not a new story, but it's not entirely a copy of the original. It's a retelling based on the plot of the upcoming live-action movie, which will be out this August. Hopefully reading this doesn't completely ruin the experience of watching the movie.

As a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin and the first two-thirds of the anime, I'm torn about how to feel. I'm never a big fan of reboots, since they generally just tread new ground. I was planning on watching the new movie anyway, so seeing it in manga form seems like a waste. However, maybe I should be happy that they didn't drag the old characters out of retirement to fight some new threat just for the sake of using a new manga story to sell movie tickets. At least we'll always have the original manga to go back to."

New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story Rurouni-Kenshin-Kinema-Version-noscale
MvRaM
MvRaM
Contributer

Birthday : 1989-12-21

Back to top Go down

New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story Empty Re: New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story

Post by Bato Thu May 03, 2012 9:15 pm

aw.. i was hoping for something between his assassin days and his days with Kaoru. Oh well..
Bato
Bato
Contributer

Birthday : 1991-02-03

Back to top Go down

New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story Empty Re: New Kenshin manga is a retelling of the original story

Post by Ovyda Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Bato wrote:aw.. i was hoping for something between his assassin days and his days with Kaoru. Oh well..

This
Ovyda
Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Birthday : 1993-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri May 04, 2012 2:20 am

Bato wrote:aw.. i was hoping for something between his assassin days and his days with Kaoru. Oh well..

This. Disappointed.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Webmaster
Digital Disaster

Birthday : 1988-05-17

http://nolimitclan.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down